Jugglez - Week 1

I have recently started going to an evening class which involves doing some circus acts. Last Friday was my first class.
My Best friend is very into Poi where you swing balls around gracefully, some set them on fire, some are just fluffy. I was also keen to give it a go, so when she mentioned a little pop up circus training class was going on at a local school, I had to go. 




The Poi was a lot harder than i thought... Tee (my bestie) has been watching a few vids on YouTube and practising in the pole studio. When it came to someone showing us properly it took us by surprise! I think I was hit by the balls about half a dozen times, pretty sure i nearly knocked myself out. Tee was in her element and loving it, although there were a few new moves that she was trying to get the hang of which made her go and have a smoke lol.  After being shell shocked by all these balls flying around (take that as you like) I thought "mmm maybe I should try something else" 

As I looked around the sports hall contemplating the next thing to hurt myself with,  I saw it... the tightrope. I have never tried it before, I really don't have any balance to be honest. The guy asked if i had done anything like it before and i said "nope i have walked across a wall before" that's as close as i get to anything remotely similar! I wanted to give it a go though... I was determined. 



I think i spent a good hour and half learning it, walking up and down holding on to this poor guys hand, I think i found my next thing. I am no where near good... at the moment... but i will get there! It is not only helping me with my balance, it is also helping me to control my breathing, focus and also learning how to block the world to help me relax. You wouldn't think circus training would give you that too! Stay tuned for next months class! 

This is me practising on a balance ball!


If you live in Kent, England i would highly recommend going to these classes, the people are friendly and will give you so much time and patience. They are a small little group but they will get big! Also if you have experience in this they will allow you to use their gear and free style! Here is the link below to their dates, times, and address 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 10 Fave Summer Clothes & Accessories!

Motivation

Fitness update....